All updates in chronological order.
Latest update, please scroll down
Dear EnergyWeek attendee, exhibitor or speaker,
Based on national guidelines and public health authority advice, EnergyWeek 2020 will take place as scheduled on 16-19 March 2020.
EnergyWeek is looking very good. This year there are more people who have registered to attend the event compared to the same time last year, and the exhibition is reaching new highs in the numbers of exhibitors.
We are closely monitoring the recommendations and guidelines from the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare, THL ( https://thl.fi/en/web/thlfi-en ) as well as having a dialogue with the local authorities.
EnergyWeek has taken some preemptive precautionary measures
- There will be an abundance of hospital grade hand sanitizer available during the event.
- We will also have a “no handshake” recommendation and policy during the event.
- To avoid misinformation, we recommend using official governmental sources (like THL) for further information.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and update information here on this page.
A few seminar speakers have regretfully informed us that their company policy does not allow international travels at the present. Possible changes will be updated to the seminar pages continuously.
This year EnergyWeek has 20+ seminars and over 100 speakers. Therefore, we will be able to attend many inspirational seminars at EnergyWeek.
We are aware of the current situation with COVID-19 and due to its spread we have devised the following policy regarding participation at the event:
- If you have visited any of the following countries in the past 2 weeks, you are kindly asked not to attend the event: Italy, Iran, China, South Korea, Tyrol (Austria), and North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany)
- If you have been in contact with anyone believed to be carrying the virus, you are kindly asked not to attend the event.
- At the event, physical contact between participants should be minimized, please refrain from handshakes and hugs
We look forward to welcoming you at the event next week. In the meantime, let us know of any questions you might have.
EnergyWeek 2020 is postponed
The 9th annual Vaasa EnergyWeek in Vaasa 16th to 19th March is postponed due to growing concerns related to the corona COVID-19 virus outbreak and will be held on a date which will be confirmed later.
The local Office of Public Health in the city of Vaasa has on March 11 decided based on the Communicable Diseases Act 1227/2016 (chapter 6, 58§ ) to postpone EnergyWeek.
“Due to the heightened threat to exhibitors and visitors, decided for the safety of all participant and inhabitants of Vaasa, that all events on EnergyWeek must be postponed”, Says Heikki Kaukoranta, Specialist in Infectious Deceases, City Of Vaasa
“This is very unfortunate for all involved parties, but the health of participants and the public is our number one concern. We have over ten EnergyWeek partners and a team of over 30 organizers who all have worked hard the last 6 months to bring you the best event possible, not to forget the over 100 speakers and 200 exhibitors and a record number of registered visitors. We are therefore adamant to hold the event at a later stage and point in time when it is deemed safe by the authorities“, says Kristoffer Jansson, EnergyVaasa Communication and Brand Manager.
EnergyWeek has during the years developed into one of the most important international energy events in Europe.