EnergyVaasa Talks webinars introduce energy themes throughout year 2021
The organizers of EnergyWeek, the international high-end energy business event, will launch a new energy webinar series EnergyVaasa Talks in January 2021. The webinar series spans the entire year 2021, and the themes of the webinars are broadly related to energy technology.
EnergyWeek 2020 was one of the first major events that had to be moved to a later date due to the coronavirus pandemic. More than 4,500 visitors from nearly 30 different countries visit EnergyWeek each year, and the program includes a lot of meetings and encounters, which is why the organizing of the event and a new date have been considered specifically from a security perspective.
EnergyVaasa Communications & Brand Manager Kristoffer Jansson, who coordinates EnergyWeek, has been planning the next EnergyWeek together with the other organizers during October. Based on feedback received from exhibitors, organizing the event in the familiar format was not considered possible during 2021.
By contrast, organizing EnergyWeek in the spring of 2022 in the form of an extensive seminar and networking event was seen as a realistic option. The organizers decided therefore to arrange the next traditional EnergyWeek on 21–24 March 2022, with over 100 speakers at more than 20 different seminars.
In 2021, the EnergyWeek organizing bodies (more than 30 organizations) are planning to launch a webinar series called EnergyVaasa Talks that will help tune in to the EnergyWeek atmosphere throughout the whole year. The first webinars, free of charge and open to everyone, will take place as early as in January, and more detailed information on the content and speakers of the first webinars will be released during November and December.
– Of course, the safety of participants and organizers is the most important thing in this situation. Therefore, EnergyWeek’s partners and organizing bodies are committed to organizing the best possible online events during 2021. EnergyWeek’s program will be held in smaller chunks as EnergyVaasa Talks webinars throughout the year, Jansson says.
– Our focus is not only on the EnergyVaasa Talks webinar series, but also on March 2022, when you can spend a full-scale EnergyWeek in Vaasa. The familiar high-end energy event will be back, a little later than we originally thought back in March 2020, but renewed, stronger, and more diverse than ever, Jansson assures.
- Online events open to everyone, free of charge, in English
- Organized by EnergyWeek’s organizing bodies and partners (30 organizations)
- First webinars are planned to be held in January, the series goes on throughout 2021
- Annual, international energy technology event
- Gap years in 2020 and 2021 due to the coronavirus situation
- 4.600 visitors expected in Vaasa on 21–24 March 2022
- Over 20 seminars in English in four days
- Over 100 speakers
- Evolved from a seminar week to become also a networking and expert event
For more information, please contact
Communications & Brand Manager
+358 40 539 4055
EnergyWeek was originally meant to take place on 16-19 March 2020. The event has been rescheduled and will now be organized on 15-18 March 2021.
This year EnergyWeek had a record number of registered visitors, a record number of exhibitors and the largest amount of seminars and speakers ever.
During the last weeks, the thirty organizers and ten partners of EnergyWeek have been looking for the best possible time where to move the event. After many meetings considering all the options, we have concluded that the EnergyWeek will be held on 15-18 March 2021. Save the date.
The location will be the same, the program will be the same, the date is new. This date is supported by all seminar organizers, and all the partners of EnergyWeek have voiced their continued support for EnergyWeek and its new date.
The Energy and Innovation Awards event will also be held at the postponed date of EnergyWeek
The EnergyWeek organizers
EnergyWeek 2020 is postponed
The 9th annual Vaasa EnergyWeek in Vaasa 16th to 19th March is postponed due to growing concerns related to the corona COVID-19 virus outbreak and will be held on a date which will be confirmed later.
The local Office of Public Health in the city of Vaasa has on March 11 decided based on the Communicable Diseases Act 1227/2016 (chapter 6, 58§ ) to postpone EnergyWeek.
“Due to the heightened threat to exhibitors and visitors, decided for the safety of all participant and inhabitants of Vaasa, that all events on EnergyWeek must be postponed”, Says Heikki Kaukoranta, Specialist in Infectious Deceases, City Of Vaasa
“This is very unfortunate for all involved parties, but the health of participants and the public is our number one concern. We have over ten EnergyWeek partners and a team of over 30 organizers who all have worked hard the last 6 months to bring you the best event possible, not to forget the over 100 speakers and 200 exhibitors and a record number of registered visitors. We are therefore adamant to hold the event at a later stage and point in time when it is deemed safe by the authorities“, says Kristoffer Jansson, EnergyVaasa Communication and Brand Manager.
EnergyWeek has during the years developed into one of the most important international energy events in Europe.